SS304/316L Pipe Fitting PTFE Gasket Clamp Coupling
|Connection||Clamp; Welding; Thread; Flange or Combinations|
|Shipment Way||By sea (HangZhou/ZheJiang Port), By air, By express|
|Term of Payment||100% T/T, 30% advance and balance 70% before delivery|
|Delivery Time||Usually 15-20 days after down payment confirmation|
|Application||food, dairy, beer, beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical, water treatment, biological engineering and etc. industries.|
|Characteristic||resistant to corrosion, wearing, welding,combination and have high intensity|
|Certification||ASME, ANSI, DIN, JIS, BS, GB, GS, KS, API,IDF,SMS|
1. HangZhou Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Xihu (West Lake) Dis.g Xiaoman Pipe Fittings Factory (MAN) well knows the importance of sanitary pipe-fittings to pharmacy, beer, food, dairy, beverage, cosmetic and chemical industries. So, it sets extremely high requirements to its products.
2. MAN produces kinds of pipe products which have DIN, 3A, SMS ISO/IDF and various standard series. And pipe fitting: 45 degree/ 90 degree/ 180degree/ bend series, tee/ cross series, concentric (eccentric) series make your pipeline system free connectivity. Each series pipe fittings have welding, clamp, thread and flange 4 common install ways with your pipe system standard link.
3. MAN is according to customs requirements, devoted itself to manufacturing the kind of fitting materials which can resistant to corrosion, wearing, welding and combination and have high intensity. In each manufacturing process has strict control error, and pipe connectors have a variety of surface treatment methods, and uniform shell thickness.All products have to go through extensive testings and strict on-site evaluation before going to market.
Packaging & Shipping
MAN is very pleased to send you samples for quality test as long as freight cost being paid by buyers.
All our products are manufactured following the industry standards in different surface finishes, materials, including ISO, DIN, IDF, SMS, and 3A etc., and they have to go through extensive testings and strict on-site evaluation before going to market.
If you can’t solve the problem in your local, please delivery the product to us, we will repair it, then back to you.
4.Average Lead Time:
Peak Season Lead Time: within 1 month, Off Season Lead Time: within 15 workdays.
5.The price of products
For custom products,the price of products excludes taxes and freight.
For directly ordered products,we conclude the business on FOB basis.
What Industries Commonly Use Clamp Couplings and Why?
Clamp couplings are widely used in various industries due to their versatility, ease of installation, and ability to accommodate different shaft sizes and misalignments. Some of the industries where clamp couplings are commonly used include:
- Manufacturing: In manufacturing industries, clamp couplings are commonly employed in conveyor systems, machine tools, and material handling equipment. They provide a reliable and flexible connection between shafts, allowing for smooth power transmission and easy maintenance.
- Agriculture: Farm machinery and equipment often use clamp couplings to connect power take-off shafts, ensuring efficient power transfer from the tractor to various implements like mowers, balers, and harvesters.
- Food and Beverage: The food and beverage industry requires couplings that are easy to clean and maintain. Stainless steel clamp couplings are commonly used in food processing equipment due to their corrosion resistance and hygienic design.
- Packaging: Packaging machinery often uses clamp couplings to connect rotating components, such as rollers and conveyors, ensuring precise and synchronized movement during the packaging process.
- Oil and Gas: In the oil and gas industry, clamp couplings are used in various applications, including pumps, compressors, and drilling equipment. Stainless steel clamp couplings are favored in offshore and corrosive environments.
- Automotive: In automotive manufacturing, clamp couplings find applications in power transmission systems, steering columns, and drivetrain components.
- Marine: The marine industry often employs clamp couplings in propulsion systems and auxiliary machinery, especially when corrosion resistance and reliability are critical.
- Pharmaceutical: Pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment requires couplings that meet stringent hygiene standards. Stainless steel clamp couplings are suitable for pharmaceutical applications due to their cleanability and resistance to contamination.
- Mining: Mining machinery relies on robust and reliable couplings to withstand heavy loads and harsh operating conditions. Clamp couplings are commonly used in conveyors, crushers, and other mining equipment.
The widespread use of clamp couplings across industries can be attributed to their ability to provide a secure and backlash-free connection between shafts, accommodate misalignment, and handle varying torque and speed requirements. Additionally, their simple design and ease of maintenance make them a popular choice in numerous industrial applications.
Comparison of Clamp Couplings with Jaw Couplings and Bellows Couplings
Clamp couplings, jaw couplings, and bellows couplings are all common types of couplings used in mechanical power transmission. Each type has its unique design and features, making them suitable for different applications. Here’s a comparison of these couplings:
– Clamp Couplings: Clamp couplings consist of a split hub with screws that tighten around the shafts, providing a secure and balanced connection.
– Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings have two hubs with curved jaws that interlock to transmit torque. They can accommodate a certain degree of misalignment.
– Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings use a thin-walled metallic bellows to transmit torque while compensating for misalignment. They are typically more flexible than clamp couplings and jaw couplings.
– Clamp Couplings: Clamp couplings can handle a small amount of angular misalignment but are better suited for applications with precise alignment.
– Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings can accommodate angular and axial misalignment but have limitations on radial misalignment.
– Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings can handle higher levels of misalignment, including angular, radial, and axial misalignment.
- Vibration Damping:
– Clamp Couplings: Some clamp couplings can provide a degree of vibration damping due to their material properties, but they are not specifically designed for this purpose.
– Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings have some vibration absorption capabilities due to the flexibility of the elastomeric spider element.
– Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings are known for their excellent vibration damping characteristics, making them suitable for applications where vibration isolation is critical.
– Clamp Couplings: Clamp couplings typically have minimal backlash, providing precise torque transmission.
– Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings have a small amount of backlash due to the clearance between the jaws and the spider element.
– Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings have negligible backlash, making them suitable for applications requiring high precision.
- Temperature and Environment:
– Clamp Couplings: Clamp couplings are generally suitable for a wide range of temperatures and environments, depending on the material used.
– Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings are versatile and can operate in various conditions, but their elastomeric elements may have temperature limitations.
– Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings can withstand high temperatures and are often used in demanding environments.
– Clamp Couplings: Clamp couplings are often more cost-effective compared to jaw couplings and bellows couplings.
– Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings are generally affordable and offer a good balance between cost and performance.
– Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings are more expensive than clamp couplings and jaw couplings due to their precision and high-performance characteristics.
When selecting a coupling, it is essential to consider the specific requirements of the application, including torque, misalignment, precision, and environmental factors. Consulting with coupling manufacturers or engineers can help in choosing the most suitable coupling for a particular mechanical system.
What is a Clamp Coupling and How Does it Work?
A clamp coupling is a type of mechanical coupling used to connect two shafts together to transmit torque and rotational motion between them. It is a simple and effective way of joining shafts in various mechanical systems. The main components of a clamp coupling typically include two hubs and a center section.
The clamp coupling works on the principle of frictional force and mechanical interference fit. Here’s how it functions:
- Hub Assembly: Each end of the shaft has a hub, which is a cylindrical component with a bored hole that matches the shaft diameter. The hubs may have keyways or splines to provide additional torque transmission.
- Center Section: The center section of the coupling sits between the two hubs. It is often a split cylindrical sleeve with threaded holes on its outer surface.
- Clamping: To assemble the clamp coupling, the two hubs are placed on the respective shafts, and the center section is inserted between them. Then, bolts are inserted through the holes in the hubs and screwed into the threaded holes of the center section. As the bolts are tightened, the center section is drawn inward, creating a compressive force on the shafts and the hubs, thus firmly holding them together.
- Frictional Connection: The clamping force between the center section and the shafts creates a frictional connection. This frictional force allows the coupling to transmit torque and rotational motion from one shaft to the other.
Clamp couplings offer several advantages:
- Easy and quick installation, requiring minimal tools and no special skills.
- Simple design and cost-effective manufacturing.
- High torque transmission capacity, making them suitable for various industrial applications.
- Zero backlash, ensuring accurate and precise motion transfer.
- Can accommodate different shaft sizes and materials, providing flexibility in design.
Clamp couplings find application in a wide range of industries and mechanical systems, including:
- Power transmission in industrial machinery and equipment.
- Robotics and automation systems.
- Printing and packaging machines.
- Material handling equipment.
- Pumps and compressors.
- Conveyor systems.
Overall, clamp couplings are a reliable and versatile solution for connecting rotating shafts and transferring power in various mechanical setups.
editor by CX 2023-08-17