SS304/316L Pipe Fitting PTFE Gasket Clamp Coupling
|Connection||Clamp; Welding; Thread; Flange or Combinations|
|Shipment Way||By sea (HangZhou/ZheJiang Port), By air, By express|
|Term of Payment||100% T/T, 30% advance and balance 70% before delivery|
|Delivery Time||Usually 15-20 days after down payment confirmation|
|Application||food, dairy, beer, beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical, water treatment, biological engineering and etc. industries.|
|Characteristic||resistant to corrosion, wearing, welding,combination and have high intensity|
|Certification||ASME, ANSI, DIN, JIS, BS, GB, GS, KS, API,IDF,SMS|
1. HangZhou Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Xihu (West Lake) Dis.g Xiaoman Pipe Fittings Factory (MAN) well knows the importance of sanitary pipe-fittings to pharmacy, beer, food, dairy, beverage, cosmetic and chemical industries. So, it sets extremely high requirements to its products.
2. MAN produces kinds of pipe products which have DIN, 3A, SMS ISO/IDF and various standard series. And pipe fitting: 45 degree/ 90 degree/ 180degree/ bend series, tee/ cross series, concentric (eccentric) series make your pipeline system free connectivity. Each series pipe fittings have welding, clamp, thread and flange 4 common install ways with your pipe system standard link.
3. MAN is according to customs requirements, devoted itself to manufacturing the kind of fitting materials which can resistant to corrosion, wearing, welding and combination and have high intensity. In each manufacturing process has strict control error, and pipe connectors have a variety of surface treatment methods, and uniform shell thickness.All products have to go through extensive testings and strict on-site evaluation before going to market.
Packaging & Shipping
MAN is very pleased to send you samples for quality test as long as freight cost being paid by buyers.
All our products are manufactured following the industry standards in different surface finishes, materials, including ISO, DIN, IDF, SMS, and 3A etc., and they have to go through extensive testings and strict on-site evaluation before going to market.
If you can’t solve the problem in your local, please delivery the product to us, we will repair it, then back to you.
4.Average Lead Time:
Peak Season Lead Time: within 1 month, Off Season Lead Time: within 15 workdays.
5.The price of products
For custom products,the price of products excludes taxes and freight.
For directly ordered products,we conclude the business on FOB basis.
How do Clamp Couplings Contribute to Reducing Backlash and Resonance in Rotating Machinery?
Clamp couplings play a crucial role in reducing backlash and resonance in rotating machinery, enhancing the overall performance and reliability of the system. Here’s how they achieve this:
1. Backlash Reduction:
Backlash is the play or clearance between mating components in a mechanical system. In rotating machinery, backlash can lead to lost motion, reduced precision, and inefficiencies. Clamp couplings offer several features that help minimize backlash:
- Zero-Backlash Design: Some clamp couplings are designed with a split hub and a clamping mechanism that ensures a tight fit around the shafts. This zero-backlash design eliminates any clearance between the coupling and the shafts, reducing or even eliminating backlash.
- High Clamping Force: Clamp couplings exert a strong clamping force on the shafts, ensuring a secure and rigid connection. This prevents any relative movement between the coupling and the shafts, further reducing backlash.
2. Resonance Damping:
Resonance occurs when the natural frequency of a rotating system matches the frequency of external forces or disturbances. This can lead to excessive vibrations and potential damage to the machinery. Clamp couplings can help dampen resonance in the following ways:
- Material Selection: High-quality materials like stainless steel or aluminum alloy are commonly used in clamp couplings. These materials possess excellent damping properties, dissipating vibrations and minimizing resonance effects.
- Precision Machining: Clamp couplings are precisely machined to maintain balance and reduce vibration during operation. Balanced couplings minimize the likelihood of resonant frequencies being excited, contributing to a smoother operation.
- Torsional Stiffness: Clamp couplings offer controlled torsional stiffness, which helps prevent the buildup of excessive vibration amplitudes and reduces resonance occurrences.
3. Misalignment Compensation:
Another factor contributing to backlash and resonance is misalignment between shafts. Clamp couplings can accommodate a certain degree of angular, parallel, and axial misalignments, reducing the impact of misalignment-induced backlash and vibrations.
Overall, clamp couplings provide a secure and precise connection between shafts, minimizing backlash and resonance in rotating machinery. By choosing the appropriate clamp coupling based on the specific requirements of the application, engineers can optimize the performance and efficiency of the rotating system.
Comparison of Clamp Couplings with Jaw Couplings and Bellows Couplings
Clamp couplings, jaw couplings, and bellows couplings are all common types of couplings used in mechanical power transmission. Each type has its unique design and features, making them suitable for different applications. Here’s a comparison of these couplings:
– Clamp Couplings: Clamp couplings consist of a split hub with screws that tighten around the shafts, providing a secure and balanced connection.
– Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings have two hubs with curved jaws that interlock to transmit torque. They can accommodate a certain degree of misalignment.
– Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings use a thin-walled metallic bellows to transmit torque while compensating for misalignment. They are typically more flexible than clamp couplings and jaw couplings.
– Clamp Couplings: Clamp couplings can handle a small amount of angular misalignment but are better suited for applications with precise alignment.
– Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings can accommodate angular and axial misalignment but have limitations on radial misalignment.
– Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings can handle higher levels of misalignment, including angular, radial, and axial misalignment.
- Vibration Damping:
– Clamp Couplings: Some clamp couplings can provide a degree of vibration damping due to their material properties, but they are not specifically designed for this purpose.
– Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings have some vibration absorption capabilities due to the flexibility of the elastomeric spider element.
– Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings are known for their excellent vibration damping characteristics, making them suitable for applications where vibration isolation is critical.
– Clamp Couplings: Clamp couplings typically have minimal backlash, providing precise torque transmission.
– Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings have a small amount of backlash due to the clearance between the jaws and the spider element.
– Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings have negligible backlash, making them suitable for applications requiring high precision.
- Temperature and Environment:
– Clamp Couplings: Clamp couplings are generally suitable for a wide range of temperatures and environments, depending on the material used.
– Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings are versatile and can operate in various conditions, but their elastomeric elements may have temperature limitations.
– Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings can withstand high temperatures and are often used in demanding environments.
– Clamp Couplings: Clamp couplings are often more cost-effective compared to jaw couplings and bellows couplings.
– Jaw Couplings: Jaw couplings are generally affordable and offer a good balance between cost and performance.
– Bellows Couplings: Bellows couplings are more expensive than clamp couplings and jaw couplings due to their precision and high-performance characteristics.
When selecting a coupling, it is essential to consider the specific requirements of the application, including torque, misalignment, precision, and environmental factors. Consulting with coupling manufacturers or engineers can help in choosing the most suitable coupling for a particular mechanical system.
Different Types of Clamp Couplings
Clamp couplings come in various designs to accommodate different shaft sizes, torque levels, and application requirements. Some common types of clamp couplings available in the market include:
- Two-Piece Clamp Couplings: This type of coupling consists of two separate hubs that are connected by a clamp. The clamp is tightened to secure the two hubs onto the shafts, creating a rigid connection. Two-piece clamp couplings are easy to install and suitable for applications with moderate torque and misalignment.
- One-Piece Clamp Couplings: As the name suggests, one-piece clamp couplings have a single-piece construction, which simplifies the installation process. They provide a compact and lightweight solution for low to medium torque applications.
- Double-Walled Clamp Couplings: These couplings have a unique double-walled design, providing better torque transmission capabilities and torsional rigidity. They are ideal for applications with high torque and precise positioning requirements.
- Set Screw Clamp Couplings: Set screw clamp couplings use set screws to secure the coupling onto the shaft. While they are simple and cost-effective, they may not handle high torque and misalignment as effectively as other types.
- Wedge Clamp Couplings: Wedge clamp couplings use a wedge-shaped collar to create a tight grip on the shaft. They offer excellent torque transmission and axial holding power, making them suitable for heavy-duty applications.
- Keyless Clamp Couplings: Keyless clamp couplings eliminate the need for keyways and key connection. Instead, they use compression to secure the coupling to the shaft, providing high torque capacity and easy installation.
- Hydraulic Clamp Couplings: Hydraulic clamp couplings use hydraulic pressure to tighten the clamp, ensuring uniform pressure distribution and secure shaft connections. They are commonly used in high-power and critical applications.
- Clamp Couplings with Tapered Bushings: These couplings feature tapered bushings that provide a tight fit on the shaft and enhance torque transmission capabilities. They are suitable for heavy-duty applications and high misalignment conditions.
The selection of the appropriate clamp coupling depends on the specific requirements of the mechanical system, such as torque levels, shaft sizes, misalignment allowances, and operating conditions. Consulting with coupling manufacturers or engineering experts can help in choosing the right type of clamp coupling for a particular application.
editor by CX 2023-08-16